We are looking for a Head Chef to lead our kitchen team and take our food offering to the next level. The suitable candidate will be looking for an opportunity to develop their own menu alongside the owners to elevate the current offering.
As members of Hampshire Fare we are looking for someone who will be passionate about locally sourced ingredients, believe that quality simple dishes can be extraordinary and will have a strong desire to make your mark and create a real difference in this young and dynamic company.
You will start by running a small team with one Sous Chef and one CDP, as the business and team grow you will be willing to adapt and embrace new responsibilities as this happens the salary and rewards will also grow.
You will have control over a nearly fitted kitchen that serves a small bar and brand new extended modern restaurant along with a newly refurbished function room. There is also a large outside dining area on the village green.
The Northbrook Arms Pub and site has seen a huge amount of investment over the past three years and is now ready to really make its mark on the pub food scene within the area. There are four self-catering luxury properties on the site and these drive footfall into the bar and restaurant making this a lively and interesting village pub.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Team player that leads by example.
- Right to work within the UK.
- Ideally at least 5 years Chef experience.
- Ideally at least 2 years Head Chef experience.
- Evidence of successfully leading a team and running a kitchen.
- Calm and controlled personality.
- Ability to manage and develop your team.
- A passion for food and a proven record of creating and delivering fantastic dishes.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to calculate and control food margins and minimise wastage.
- Ability to work alongside the General Manager and FOH team to deliver high quality food and service.
DIRECT ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of a quality food offering at the correct price that ensures a deliverable, consistent and desirable food offering for the Northbrook Arms.
- Maintain food hygiene and safety standards including taking responsibility for the completion of the appropriate documentation.
- Take overall responsibility for the cleaning standards and records within the kitchen.
- Manage stock and control fridge, freezer standards.
- Manage the kitchen team including scheduling, development, and performance.
- Adhere to allergen and dietary laws.
- Work closely with the General Manager and FOHS with regards to events, menu’s, cover numbers and service levels.
For full salary package and any more information, please register your interest by emailing our owner Kate on [email protected] with a copy of your CV. Please note that all enquiries and applications will be treated as strictly confidential.